We all know by now that a Halliburton work crew lost a radioactive rod somewhere in the deserts of West Texas. It must not have represented too much of a threat, otherwise some of the many available resources would have been deployed, such as airborne pipeline leak detectors and sniffer drones.
The rod turned up along side of a road between job sites, but it certainly took long enough to find. With newspapers as far away as Britain's Guardian reporting about it it was time to put the Sleepless investigative reporters on the case. And they came back with some reasonable theories about what might have happened to the rod in the interim:
1. Driver used it to warm up his day old Bold Pick of the Day.
2. Wanted to sell it in Iran but TomTom took them to Iraan.
3. Got frightened by news reports and used it as West Nile mosquito repellent.
4. Used it as a glow stick at Cirque Chinois show.
5. Used it to charge a dead truck battery but truck melted.
6. Tried to sell it to Mexican drug cartel but were told, "No mas! No mas! Fast and Furious! No mas!"