Well, yes and no. But so what? I'm orthorexic but getting better.
Orthorexia is an unofficial eating disorder characterized by a fixation on eating right and feelings of guilt and self loathing after eating a plateful of bad-for-you food, with seconds and dessert.
Andrea Ruth has the right ideas and shares them in 5 Ways To Deal With Holiday Food. To wit:
1. Have a Plan or Goal (but don't set an unrealistic goal)
2. Treat Yo Self (but do it sparingly)
3. Have a Little Bit of Everything (but use the three bite rule)
4. Move It or Lose It (exercise)
5. Relax (don't beat yourself up too much when you fall off the wagon, but do go back to the plan)
OK, sounds reasonable. I'll get back to the plan first thing tomorrow. Right now I'd like a big dish of that Blue Bell ice cream that just made it back on the store shelves.